Future feature: booking instruments

Next year's planned work includes a calendar with time slots for the lab instruments, e.g. Aktas.

Relevant activities seem to be:

• Reserve instrument time
  • Plan experiments
  • Record experiments
  • Cancel instrument booking, or update start or end time

Useful software features seem to be:

• View of calendar, optionally filtered by instrument type (e.g. purification columns)
  • Reserve a time slot, and later plan experiments
  • Plan experiment, and later assign it to a time slot
  • Delete or edit a time slot

Can anyone improve this plan?

Future work includes adding the ability to navigate from the calendar entry, to files saved on that instrument at that time.

Posted on 20-Oct-2011 14:50 CEST
Chris Morris

Dear Chris,

I have been using (since 2008) the OCF Scheduler from the ARL Division of Biotechnology, University of Arizona. It has a lot of nice features but lacks some other that I have beem missing over the years. If you welcome my input I can prepare a document on this to help you by having a administrator and user feedback.

Let me know.

All the best,

Frederico

Posted on 02-Jan-2012 12:38 CET
Frederico Silva

Dear Chris,

I have been using (since 2008) the OCF Scheduler from the ARL Division of Biotechnology, University of Arizona. It has a lot of nice features but lacks some other that I have beem missing over the years. If you welcome my input I can prepare a document on this to help you by having a administrator and user feedback.

Let me know.

All the best,

Frederico

Posted on 02-Jan-2012 12:38 CET
Frederico Silva

I just saw your comment. Yes, it would be great to have your input! I expect to implement this feature later this year.

Posted on 12-Jan-2012 13:29 CET
Chris Morris

I just saw your comment. Yes, it would be great to have your input! I expect to implement this feature later this year.

Posted on 12-Jan-2012 13:30 CET
Chris Morris
Displaying 1-5 of 51