Applications for the EMBO practical course Biomolecular Interaction Analysis 2016: From molecules to cells is open until July 20.
This is the 3rd Edition of an hands on course that aims at a multidisplinary approach to the study of molecular interactions from and in biological systems, integrating biochemical/biophysical methodologies with live microscopy techniques.
We will cover a range of methods used in the kinetics and thermodynamics characterization of binding events, such as:
- Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC)
- Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR)
- Microscale Thermophoresis (MST)
- Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW)
- Electro-Switchable Biosurfaces (switchSENSE)
- Bio-Layer Interferometry
The bridge to in vivo will be crossed with the introduction of advanced light microscopy techniques, e.g.:
- Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy (FLIM)
to study the dynamic interactions of proteins within the living cell.
Participants can bring their own samples to the course or data to analyze and discuss.
Application deadline: 20th July 2016
For more details and application please visit http://events.embo.org/16-biomolecule/