The 11th International Workshop on X-ray damage to biological samples will be held on 25-27 March 2020, at the Swiss Light Source. The workshop will address the essential questions and challenges of radiation damage to biological samples during their examination with ionizing radiation. The workshop will cover various X-ray and electron scattering techniques, from crystallography to imaging, and offers ample opportunities for information exchange and discussion among researchers from around the globe.
Sessions will cover:
1) Basic Understanding of Radiation Damage Mechanisms
2) Biological Studies Affected by Radiation Damage
3) Practical Aspects of Reducing Radiation Damage at Synchrotrons
4) Damage at New Sources - XFEL and 4th generation synchrotrons
5) Radiation Damage in Complementary Fields (incl. CryoEM, ED, imaging)