Deptartment Crystllography & Structural Biology (Spanish National Research Council) are pleased to announce the eighth edition of the Macromolecular Crystallography School 2018, to be held at the Institute Química-Física Rocasolano-CSIC (Madrid, Spain).
Dates: May 20 - 26, 2018
Invited speakers and tutors:
- Paul Adams, Berkeley, USA
- Pavel Afonine, Berkeley, USA
- Armando Albert, Madrid, Spain
- Jose M Carazo, Madrid, Spain
- Kay Diederichs, Konstanz, Germany
- Paul Emsley, Cambridge, UK
- Rafael Fernández-Leiro, Madrid, Spain
- Carmelo Giacovazzo, Bari, Italy
- Xavier Gomis-Ruth, Barcelona, Spain
- Juan A. Hermoso, Madrid, Spain
- Eugene Krissinel, Oxford, UK
- Jose. A. Marquez, Grenoble, France
- Airlie J. McCoy, Cambridge, UK
- Rob Nicholls, Cambridge, UK
- Santosh Panjikar, Australia
- Maria Solá, Barcelona, Spain
- Isabel Usón, Barcelona, Spain
For a program of the Workshop, the application form and further information,please follow this link.
The workshop has been designed for postgraduate, Postdoctoral and research scientists that deal with macromolecular crystallography but need further knowledge on the routine uses, the state of the art and fundamentals that underlie the modern techniques for macromolecular crystallography. The topics will cover crystallographic computing and
fundamentals using XDS, CCP4 and Phenix, as well as the state of the art on topics such as the strategies for protein production, data collection,phasing, automated pipelines at synchrotron and refinement with ARCIMBOLDO, SHELX and SIR2014 and modeling with COOT. This year we have introduced full-day on breakthrough technique cryo EM and tomography.
MCS2018 will provide six days of lectures and workshops. The course is designed for 25 highly motivated attendants.
Requests to participate must be sent by a free-formated E-mail, before March 16, 2018 to the following address: email@example.com, indicating the motivation to participate and experience on acromolecular crystallography and including a letter of recommendation from PhD Director (only for PhD students).
We are planning to include an extra day on May 20th devoted to Fundamentals on Crystallography by Carmelo Giacovazzo. Applicants interested in attending to this extra day, please indicate it so in both, the registration letter and registration form.
Accepted participants will be notified by e-mail before March 24, 2018.
Armando Albert (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Juan A. Hermoso (email@example.com) and Isabel Usón (firstname.lastname@example.org)