System and network engineer for cryo electron microscopy
IGBMC-CERBM, Illkirch, France
Application deadline: 30 Nov 2020
Development and deployment of applications for the acquisition, storage and processing of data from cryo electron microscopy for users within the framework of the national FRISBI and European Instruct-ERIC infrastructures. The engineer will administer and operate computer, hardware (computing and storage) means and software, and will provide the commissioning of new systems and products and drive developments in the type of computing pipelines as part of cryo-electron microscopy image processing.
- Plan and put in place the means and procedures to ensure and improve the performance and availability of the network and its services.
- Manage the evolution and maintenance of the network and its services.
- Ensure technology monitoring for data processing and storage.
- Manage the entity's interconnection with the mesocentre/datacenter.
- Lead a project to develop computer tools for the processing of cryo-EM data online in interaction with the engineers of the electron microscopy modules and crystallography of the biostructure platform.
- Train platform users.
- Administer a database system
- Anticipate functional and technical evolution
- Accompany the changes
- Clarify and prioritize needs
- Play a role for advice or decision support
- Communication and Teaching
- Ability to work as part of a team
Find out more and apply.