Seventh Call for proposals for Instruct Centre Training Courses (to be held in 2018)
This call is for proposed courses and workshops hosted by, and specifically utilising the capabilities of Instruct Centres.
Please submit a 2 page (max) proposal including the following details:
- Title of the course
- Venue and host Instruct Centre
- Aims of the course and expected impact for young researchers
- Will this course allow participants (at least partly) to work with their own samples?
- Proposed dates (or interval during which the course may be held)
- Lead contact
- Outline course content (indicate lecture/practical content as applicable)
- Number of participants anticipated
- Suggested course tutors
- Outline budget (venue, catering, staff costs/fees, including some indication of accommodation costs for participants that may be supported by Instruct)
Proposals will need to be submitted on line
Applications deadline is 28th April 2017 5pm CET
The courses will be open to investigators at all levels and will be held at Instruct Centres.
This call particularly wishes to encourage courses and workshops in specialist technology areas and from Centres in smaller EU member states in addition to courses from the major Instruct Centres.
Course proposals should adhere as far as possible with the criteria defined by EMTRAIN (an EU Innovative Medicines Initiative project, of which Instruct is a member). EMTRAIN is establishing a comprehensive online searchable database (on-course) of training courses that support European life sciences, both for academic and commercial scientists. Instruct has agreed to work with on-course in adopting their criteria of course quality to allow inclusion of our training courses in the database where appropriate. The criteria are set out below:
- Defined and transparent admission criteria.
- A predefined set of teaching objectives, leading to defined learning outcomes.
- Adequate, appropriate and up to date facilities, infrastructure, leadership and competencies available for the support of student learning.
- Assessment of the students' achievement in accordance with the agreed learning outcomes of the training offered.
- A system for collecting, assessing and addressing feedback from learners, teachers, technical/administrative staff and programme/course/module managers.
- Availability of appropriate and updated reference material